Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunday, July 25

I really enjoy this time for reflection on Sundays. John Bosco (the watching man and now also my walking man) leaves early, Solange or "cooker" are not here....I requested them to BE WITH THEIR FAMILIES! IT's important especially when they are here during the week for such long hours! Anyway, while I'm awaiting my ride to church there is time to do this, study and "reflect."
I'm still trying to "capture" the birds on tape....the ones that are the loudest.....the ones that always make me "stop what I'm doing" because they are that loud AND very, distinctly African!
It's cloudy today and cool. By cool, I mean I'm not perspiring by just sitting here typing. It's been like this this week mostly. I've noticed the children come to morning class with sweaters, even coats on! I'm comfortable! It really is a bonus blessing too! I had "heard" that "dry season" is HOT. I think it's HOT at home! (Especially since my husband plus others! THANK YOU SO MUCH! have been up on the roof, re-roofing our house while I'm here.)
Another blessing....since the first days of my move here to the office at ERM from Mousecore, the electricity has been very stable! What a blessing that is!!!! I can think of only a few times when it has been off and that only in the middle of the night!
Another blessing is John Bosco! He is very vigilant as a "watcher." sometimes he and I go over the English lessons I've been giving. He listens when the groups are here too sometimes. He continues to sing! He sees when I come in late and unlocks doors, then locks doors! He also carries the heavy water so Solange who is now in her 8th month pregnancy doesn't have to! He's a blessing!!
Tom is also a blessing! He came for a visit on Wednesday and is now officially making sure I keep my phone charged and making sure "Dad" (John) is informed of "how I am" every few days. He also was translator on Sat. for the radio. His goal is to go to get his masters so he can teach in the universities. He will then be "established." He finds it very disconcerting that there are no evangelists who preach on the street corners in America. While Pastor Augustine has been occupied with funeral arrangements and things with the death of a younger brother, Tom has taken on the duties at his church. The dissertation.....not sure how that is going.....
I know Jeanne DArc made some copies of his writing for him one day here at the office.
She is also a blessing! What an encouragement she has been to me with her "pep talks." She tells me "things" that others say on what they are learning and how I am with them. it has helped me want to preserver, especially with the morning children when it seems a bit too chaotic at times! She fasts and prays for me, the students, the Bible class dynamics with translation and all. How wonderful to have had this wonderful time to get to know her better! She is also my most "advanced" student with English. We discuss correct usage of verb forms, among other things most daily! She wants and welcomes me to "correct" her. I'm only careful to do it when it's just the two of us although she says she wants me to do it at other times also.
With Olivia, we can carry on lengthy discussions over lunch!
That brings me to Olivia! What a blessing she has been! I know talking, translating is hard work! She has a difficult job! She has 4 little boys at home too! On Friday we weren't able to get TEST 4 done as the computer wasn't working. But she has the job of translating the test and them correcting them for me too......over the week-ends! Pray for her!
I'll close for now.....but I know there's way more blessings I should be recording today!! God is so good to me! He brings GREAT JOY to life and living it!!! How great is our God!!!! May the God of hope fill you with all joy and His peace as you trust in Him.....so you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment