Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm on, Tuesday am

What a blessing to be able to type this this am! I have something wonderful to say! Yesterday we asked if anyone had anything they would like to share with the group about how study of God's Word has made a difference in their lives when they go away from here.
Several raised their hands to speak and it was so wonderful to hear how God is using His Word to encourage them in their homes, and with others. What a blessing it was and I just wish I had had a tape recorder going as my memory doesn't serve me well this am!!! But overall the testimonies brought me to tears as over and over their "newer" view of God was explained in the "trenches"of their daily living here.
For one example: the lady that spoke first, had been talking earlier to a friend and I asked one of the young people to translate for me what it was they had been talking about. The "gist" of what I got from him was that they were turning into preachers in their homes! This lady who later spoke up stated that she has very many people at her house. And when there is a lot of talking going on she can't help but speak up to share what she has been learning from the Bible! How this encouraged me!!!! I knew that these ladies would be the teachers!!!! They are already in their own homes, getting out the truth about what they are learning about God, sin, THE Deliverer......Satan, that deceiver, liar, murderer from the very beginning.....the enemy of God and His people.....BUT greater is OUR MIGHTY God.
Another lady talked about how during the study she met up with one of her former "enemies" (literally!!!! one who had been in her words "chasing her to kill her" during the days of the genocide) She had been facing the bitterness in her heart toward him when we were talking about "the way of Cain, a follower of Satan's ways." She decided then that she needed to forgive this person (among others!) but the real test came when she met this person face to face! She testified that because of the work God was doing in her heart she was able to met this one and arrange to talk even more! I really don't understand the depths of forgiveness that had to be addressed, I 'm thinking! BUT for God and His great MERCY, LOVE, all that HE is in this....well, what a glimpse it was to me of His GREATNESS.
Many others spoke up about how they heard the stories before but to see the significance of them in pointing to God's ULTIMATE special revelation to us..... HIS PROMISED DELIVERER...well
it was wonderful for them as it was/is for me too!
Then we discussed THE WATCH TOWER Society. THEY are HERE! and their materials making significant impact. We were able to discuss the dangers of false cults, man made up ways to seek God/come to God (NOT His way!) I told them to not give away their literature but to burn it up on their charcoal cooking fires! Jesus is not God.....according to the Watchtower. AND if He isn't God then WE ARE ALL STILL LOST IN OUR SIN STATE!.....there is a whole lot in the Bible that the Watchtower DENIES! So how important to keep to the Word of God. Also, not be afraid to say Yahweh, Jehovah.....names of our True God just because "they" use those names.
Pray for Rwanda! Pray that the enemy of God is thwarted here!!!! (FALSE RELIGIONS/CULTS! are here and growing including Islam, I HATE THIS!! Don't worry, it's ok, you too can AND should hate somethings too, See Proverbs 6:16-19!) It's just that we don't kill those who disagree with the Truth.....we seek to love them to our PRECIOUS LORD JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment