Thursday, July 22, 2010

No children this morning

It's like a teacher in-service day today. Children are to report to school this am for their "grades" so I had no students for class!
Instead I plan to wash clothes. But before I do that I wanted to ask you to be praying for me tomorrow. We are proceeding like I'm to be on the radio even though the final word wasn't given yet.
I wanted you to be praying about the opportunity to talk to the parents of kids.......a woman had called in last week for prayer. She believed she had been cursed and was holding the baby for three years in her womb! I don't think this is possible without the "dead" baby causing the mother to get very sick! ( I could be wrong) I was thinking it must be like a tumor, cancer or something. Anyway all this spurred a conversation about superstitions! Satan does have power but I don't want to give him anymore than he should have! Curses that keep a baby in the womb for three years are not in his power! The fear that he causes in the hearts of women is what he loves! God, the GIVER of life is over all. I truly believe that He would intervene. Next we talked of how and I quote, pregnant women are "followed around" and others "practice their witchcraft on them to keep the baby from being born." My thought, the delayed baby is thought of as cursed! .... how sad! ......and this is not a cursed baby just one comfy in the womb, not anxious to leave! I hate to think of the little ones who are born with their parents thinking they are cursed!! (where it is true that we are all born sinners.....I'm not talking about this!)
The conversation about superstitions continued..... When a little one is born with a deformity, (perhaps the result of drug use by mother or father).....seeing that baby as cursed can't be good! He/she will grow up hated and this is not right! God gives life and there is great value there! We were made in the image of God! This means that we have value/worth! Deformity or not, God is the Giver of Life! and especially the family of God, true believers need to know that it's not a curse...it's a baby that needs the love and care of loving people! The same is for what the people here are quick to call a "bastard." The sin of the fathers is being visited on the children BIG TIME here! HOW SAD!
Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world.....they are special in His sight.....Let the little children come to ME! He values them.....they can come to know Him, His great love at an early age......Let's value what HE VALUES!!!!!!! (people...children and His Word these two things are all that will be worth our time for eternity! Do you believe this?)

I just talked to Gasbar and I'm to be on the radio every Saturday until I leave for home. Please pray for this opportunity to speak up for children, women.

Right now, I feel a bit upset about the men of Rwanda, remembering several conversations I 've had over this week......I know there are godly ones here.....but the ones who aren't godly....yet claim to be believers.....who are immoral, well, how can God bless YOUR homes......He can't and be true to His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment