Thursday, July 29, 2010

children are on holidays now


The kids have a school break starting this week here in Rwanda. I was wondering how it would effect morning English classes. On Monday I had a record number come.....37!
Also that evening on our walk John Bosco was a walking advertisement for them also. So, I was relieved on Tuesday to just have around 25! And most all were the "faithful" ones who had been coming regularly. School here meets on a very interesting schedule. I had the group who had classes in the afternoons. This means on Mon.Wed. Fri. mornings I have the students who go to school in the afternoon on those days. On Tuesday and Thursday morning, I had different students as those days were their day for afternoon school. So now this week I'm getting all of them....or at least both groups together as they have no school for the next month, if I heard correctly!
Today was a smaller group. I had around 1o and all were interested in what was happening!!
This picture is of the neighbors. They picked the flower so we could get a good look at it. It was an amazing thing of beauty! It actually had pod-sort of things for the blossoms! Really it was a WORK OF ART! I hope to post a picture of it next.

No comments:

Post a Comment