Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rwandian Women

This was an unusual day in that my helper, Solange had a "choir outing" today. From what I understand it's sort of like a field trip for choir members! She had told me, through Olivia, that it was coming up and she was looking forward to going! So, it was arranged that Olivia would be with me here at the house on Saturday.
Olivia was cooking all morning....peeling, washing the dishes, all sorts of things that belong to the category of "what it means to be a Rwandan Woman!" This even included the helper, Placidia,who was kept busy also....she went to the market for one thing, maybe two things, twice....and helped with the water situation....John Bosco filled the water container earlier. She helped boil the water for the dishes that were washed in bins out on the lawn out back.
I was inside doing my laundry. I boiled water jug by jug, would add cold water to that and hand wash my week's worth in the sink in my bathroom, dump the water in the toilet and accomplish that chore too!
We had a wonderful lunch together.
The afternoon we co-ordinated our evening radio broadcast by figuring out which verses would be translated straight from the English and which ones should be read in Ikinyarwandian.
The time spent with these two ladies was helpful in giving me a more complete picture of life for women....christian women! I learned that there are families in the churches that are struggling, silently, with infidelity by their husbands......people who go to church regularly, even are given the name"pastor" "evangelist" who are adulterers! I was sickened by how prevalent! Pray for those who bear this burden silently.
It makes me want to preach! What about the scriptures that say a overseer should be a ONE WOMAN MAN! With sin so blatant...how can one expect blessing!!!
If these things are known then they need to be addressed and measures during" counseling" to protect both...two only when counseling women....Ladies counsel ladies.....for both parties.....to avoid any opportunity (and the appearances of evil too!!!)
Pastor MIKE!!!! When was it you were coming over here with Marriage and Family Life teaching? TOMORROW?
After teaching about God's plan for marriage, ONE woman One man.....man leave and cleave....and how Satan messed with that model just right away with Cain's line......Lamech's poem/song to his TWO wives......including boasting of murdering.....well, this all is just got me all fired up!!! But there needs to be a man preaching it and soon! Rick Warren was here this week. He didn't address this, I'm thinking. I could be wrong. I wish he, anyone, would and soon!
What tragedy.....what heartache for those women who bear the pain of it silently.....in the churches what family troubles on top of the extremes of poverty, it's not a pretty picture, especially with aids an issue also.
And I'm headed for church in an hour. I'm not going to think about this anymore....just pray!
God's Spirit of truth in the inward parts of ones heart.....I need Him there working, daily!
I'm so grateful for the godly men in leadership here with ERM. Praise God for this!!!!!
Pray for more godly men to step up here especially in leadership!

No comments:

Post a Comment