Monday, July 19, 2010

Something Wonderful

Today something wonderful happened......it was amazing to watch, hear.....although I didn't understand the words! I knew the Spirit of God was at work in hearts, including my own! We were finishing up the lessons on the Ten Commandments, lesson 36 in the Chronological Study. The teacher notes stressed the importance of clearly teaching what God requires so that the students will realize that they are sinners and that they cannot please God by anything that they do....Romans 3:20 .....by the law is the knowledge of sin.....
The notes were so helpful! They stressed to not be in a hurry to get through them, because God by His Spirit, would need to show them all are unable to live up to His standard of perfection and holiness...hence our need for a SAVIOR... The DELIVERER. It hasn't been easy listening over and over to the fact of our utter sinfulness and what we deserve....What sin's payment demands.....death, separation from a Holy, Perfect God and eternally so in the great distress of Hell. Well, it's hard to hear, day after day just how bad we are!
Today at the end of the lesson there was about 10 minutes to spare. I asked does anyone have anything they would like to say. One dear lady spoke up to say what could they say....she has been murdering people in her mind many times this very week! That comment led into a prayer time where people were weeping and pleading and well, I knew God was doing something way beyond what I had hoped to accomplish with this lesson when I was preparing and praying about it. Praise God, I'm crying as I write this thinking about these dear people.......the notes also say to not talk much about the DELIVERER......I'm just not able to keep silent about Jesus! Today I just had to say "Do you see why we need Jesus' righteousness?" Also, they are learning the song....What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment