Tuesday, July 27, 2010

more pictures of the cake


HERE'S PROOF! Cake can be steamed baked!
Olivia is happily thinking about presenting to her 6 year old and 2 year old a special surprise today!
She is going to "frost it" at home because she rides the motor bike to get home.....it will be easier to get it there that way!
She will be excited tomorrow when I tell her that Arlene's cake decorating supplies are for ERM to use!!! She has asked for a cake decorating class before I leave. How fun! I'm going to "steam" another cake for the graduation party on August 20 also. This was the "trial run" for us!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    Oh what fun....wish I were there with you to teach some decorating classes as that had been my original plan when I took the supplies to Rwanda to start a bakery. I did do one decorated cake while I was there on one trip. I used the kitchen-aid mixer and REALLY whipped some of the yellow table margarine, powdered sugar,milk (made with powdered milk + water)and vanilla into a fluffy icing. It really made a pretty tasty frosting !!! I took some of the frosting out as it was a pale yellow from the margarine to use for flowers and accent decorating. I then added some hot chocolate mix to the remaining frosting and frosted the cake and did the boarders with that. I would imagine you could get some shortening in town if you want a true "white" frosting but the margarine did work.
    Hope this was helpful.....go for it my friend.
    Make sure and let me know if I can be of any additional help.
    May our Lord richly bless you as you serve others in word and deed, all for His glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Arlene! Hum! It would be nice to have that mixer! We don't have that here ....yet. That BLUE BAND margarine is what we used for the cake too. Thanks so much for the supplies. Getting the flour has been interesting as they don't want me to go because the store owners will charge a "muzungo" price if I'm close by! The "fixed price" market has it, I saw on Saturday. It's just the cost of getting there is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete