Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Evening

I've been posting a lot this week...so grateful for electricity, internet, water, ah!

Pastor Augustine just called. His younger brother died this week and so he is in the Eastern Province. Please be praying for the family.
Tom had talked to me on Wed. He has been taking over duties at the church in the pastors absence.
I expect a large group of children tomorrow morning bright and early! Tomorrow I'm going to talk about gifts. Gifts versus trading......one young man named Christian likes to bring me gifts.....an orange, a mango, today an orange. But it wasn't really a "gift" as today I found out he expected something from me in return. So tomorrow I will talk about "trading" I suppose.....I gave him back his orange today.....he wanted a "gift" in return.
Tomorrow evening I'll be speaking on the radio. Gasbar, the director of children's broadcasting has been a student....learning English. He asked I said I would be honored......I'm getting "sweaty palmed" but am praying that God will direct....please be praying too! I'm thinking of just using the book...THE LAMB.....It's a wonderful presentation of the gospel. I'm just not sure how long it will take, if I only do part of it .....to be continued sort of thing or what.....?!
It's nine and mosquitoes are "looking for skin!" I'm headed under the net for the night!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friend Debbie,
    You are doing such a GREAT job. Continue with the Lord's blessing for the time you are there.
    Praying for you,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete