Saturday, July 10, 2010

Revised Blog from early this week...July 5

Blog to paste 2

Jeanne DArc was away south on family business this week-end but had arranged for John Baptist to still pick me up for the service at her church where they speak English and French.

I went to church today feeling a little queasy but did fine. There were people who had been informed that I would be coming and asked to welcome me, sit with me, translate for me too. Isn’t that so nice! I met many wonderful people all wanting to practice their English!

This was the second Sunday that a “visitor” pastor had given the message. This one I didn’t quite get where he was from. He spoke in French and then English. At the beginning of the message he asked me to read out loud the scripture verses Psalm 37:25-26. I had been looking up the verses, looking down when he came down to me with the mic in hand and asked me to read. He stopped me after I had read a phrase and asked that I read slower. I didn’t have time to get all “sweaty palmed” as I didn’t see it coming!!

Hey! Here’s a blessing! Electricity ALL DAY today!!!

Some neighbor must be going to have chicken dinner tonight. A chicken is squawking terribly loud in a frenzy! How long does it take (to be killed)!? I picture it running around with it’s head off!

Bye for now

I just re-read this (Tuesday) still unable to post on blog. As I was reading the notes for ESL class yesterday I came across something that just have to share! There is such rest, sweet rest in knowing I’m forgiven my sin! Virginia Widman’s“Learn of Me” notes says it like this. ….(May those you are helping learn English) “be taught by the Lord Jesus Christ and led by Him in to the first rest of sins forgiven and into the second rest of being His Co-Worker.” I love that! There is such rest/ joy/peace in knowing Jesus as my Savior. That foundation is my launching pad to joyfully move on being His hands, feet, to comfort, encourage but all in His strength for His glory!

Today I was to start talking about Abraham’s big test…..but we had somekind of an upset during class. I’m not sure what all took place but Olivia set things straight by talking non stop for a long while and asked me to leave the room for it. I made too many funny faces…..because I was trying to understand what the problem was all about. She later told me it was with one lady who has been a problem before, actually many times. I could tell by her face which one she had singled out as “troubling” which didn’t seem like a big deal to me at all…..not sure but the history is important with this woman I’m guessing….I’m glad I don’t know it. I do know she is one who has a hard time writing in her language and I do know she was quick to say a lot of the right answers too. So just not sure how best to proceed. She is the one who comes early to help. I’ve seen her feed the baby Benson who is our regular attender with mom. She seems somewhat an outcast.

There are people here who are interested in getting a start with rabbits! I put out the word that I was wondering who had places where rabbits could BE. So far all except I heard of one……That’s 19 cages I’m needing to build. Gaston came on Friday to get the measurements of what I was thinking would be a good size….two room rabbit condo sort of thing up off the ground…..wire, wood, he was to get back to me about the cost such a thing would be…..the materials and all. THE RABBIT PROJECT progresses. ….more to be continued. ERIC informed me he knows about rabbits…..he has had them in the past!! CooL! He probably knows more about them than I do and can help EDUCATE others!! We are starting to go over the RABBIT BOOK that I got from the 4H Extension Office just before I left home.

I found out the ‘problem” I had given a pair of my reading glasses away to one lady and another was asking for some too……I did cause a problem by giving a pair to one and that was what the “talk” that Olivia had to address that day was all about……I was the cause…….I love to give gifts! She harshly addressed “gimmes.”

Was I right to do that? I should’ve given them out in private…..it was just the spur of the moment……I brought 4 extra and am only needing my one REAL pair and one of the reading glasses for study…..well the deed is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment