Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm feeling Rwandan womanish

I "cooked" water on the charcoal today! It was because there was no electricity and I wanted tea and warm water to wash my hair! So, before John Bosco left for church, he and I made a charcoal fire. It's all so very interesting how the charcoal is quick to get hot and it was ready in no time at all!
We have a lot of water as the pots were filled to the brim by John Bosco after I got home from the radio last night. He is very responsible to do things as he sees the need. I'm so glad he did this last night instead of waiting until this morning! That's because there is no water now.

I found out today that John Bosco's mother died in 1994 and his father in 1987. He is 24 and has had 1 year secondary school. He would've been 1 when his dad died and 8 when his mother died.
Because he listened to me last night radio mucuyo he wanted to "talk" Bible. I got out my English Bible and a Ikinyarwanda Bible and we tried communicating. I so want to "see" if he is trusting in God provision for his salvation or if he is trying (the greatest lie from the pit of hell!) to be "good enough" and still be working to make himself acceptable to Him. Oh! to strive to make oneself acceptable instead of resting in the fact that it's Jesus's righteousness that is our only hope! AND THEN love Him with our whole heart and serve out of that love for the Savior is a matter of LIFE ETERNAL OR HELL!! It is all about a relationship not a religion!
So many times I wish for the gift of tongues! specifically Ikinyarwandan.
I tried to skype John this am for 45minutes but it didn't work. I wonder......does the electricity have to work in order for my computer to work on that? I thought not until just now....it's a mystery to me ...even when it works even! It boggles my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment