Friday, August 13, 2010

Wonderful Day!!!!!!!


The ERM sponsored orphans came today and I helped them write their letters in English. It was so fun to be a part of this! I helped one young man write to his sponsor who is named Greg E.! The boy said in his letter that his mother was in a Bible class taught by Debbie. I told him to put my last name also because that man that he was writing to knows me! It was special to meet this young man. He is a twin and yesterday I posted his twin's picture (Peter.)
There was lots to do and we didn't get it all done yet! So, many will be back on Monday also to finish. We had to scramble to be ready for the Bible class. It was ORAL TEST day! They were to present a Bible lesson or testimony about what they have been learning. I'm tearing up just thinking about this 2 and a half hour time. I sat with the students and dear Olivia stood to interpret for the students. It was wonderful! There were some very, very wonderful surprises as some of the quiet students had important things to say! It was such a joy!!! I recorded it all and hope to re-view it once again but at this time can not even begin to do it justice. I'm quite a bit tired and our "dusk" walk was short tonight. John Bosco and I did pass out tracts....one in Ikinyrwanda and one in English.....and we did "advertise" Listen to radio Mucuyo for the kids and young people, well, whoever!
The testimonies provided evidence that several are trusting in their good works to be right with God. I'm thinking on Monday and Tuesday there is important, very important things that need to be taught. The lessons are on Jesus death and resurrection.......finally.......THE LAMB of God who takes away the sin of the world. Please be praying as I will be asking questions and asking if any wish to trust Christ as their Savior. Please pray for these last days.......My thoughts are all a mess right now from being so tired, and it's emotionally draining to think about leaving......

No comments:

Post a Comment