Thursday, August 12, 2010

today I went visiting


What a wonderful day it was! No English classes, instead I went to some of the widows homes and was able to put children (who have been coming for classes) with their moms or grandmothers! OH HOW FUN! Olivia went with me and we started out at Africa New Life place to deliver a package for Jannelle C. from my home church. From there we went to Pepetue's house. This is the dear widow lady who not only has children, grandchildren but has her husbands mother and father living with her too! I so admire her "spunk" but she is an amazing woman! What a wonderful teacher she already is to her children and today was exceptional in that I met her son who I had met the first week here who had made a very good impression because he had been translating the Good Seed "readers" to the younger student who were awaiting their chance at an interview for a sponsorship with Charles or TJ. He reminded me that I was the one who had given him a Bible! What a neat young man he is and his mom was one of the Bible ladies!! SO COOL!!!!!!!! Visiting in their home was just so fun!!
I also got to meet the 105 year old father-in -law and 84 year old mother-in -law!

No comments:

Post a Comment