Sunday, August 1, 2010

The weather

African weather has been somewhat of a surprise to me. I didn't know you could feel cool in Rwanda! It is usual for me to work up a sweat just putting the mosquito net down and tucking it in in the evening.
However, last week I did feel a chill in the air especially in the morning hours. The kids wore sweaters/jackets all day even as it was cloudy too. Interesting, huh! I still kept my windows open all night long and shut in the cooler air to see if it would last all day in my room......
Then yesterday came, suddenly! My dear Solange, great with child due on September 15, was so warm! She looked hot too! It was sweaty even in the morning hours!
Then there is today! Nice! just nice! There is a wind blowing doors shut and I wonder if we will have another whirlwind like that one Sunday during the church service.....We were singing (in English) Our God is a mighty God.......

No comments:

Post a Comment