Sunday, October 4, 2009

October 4

This was such a wonderful day! We worshipped with our brothers and sisters in the Lord at three different services. Steve L was preaching at Tom's church near our guest house and the rest of us were going to another church nearby up the hill. We taped Mike's preaching along with the wonderful singing. There were several songs we sang along because the music was familiar! In the Sweet by and by was one I remember! They had lunch for us at the church and then we came back to the guest house to get ready to go to Pastor Clement's church. I wish I could explain the impact of the message on us all.......forgiving our enemies, others who hurt or injure us....many cry and ask for prayer. The pastors are all saying that this is such a timely message from the Lord. How amazing to see how the Holy Spirit was at work to help Mike with just the right messagae preparations.
I prayed with a woman whose family background is muslim. She had been delivered from demons but her prayer was for her children who want nothing to do with her now that she knows the Lord Jesus. She has a heavy burden believing they are also possessed. Her body would jerk now and then and it was strange to think about Satan's overt ways here. In our world at home he is more covert...............
I failed to mention a very sad incident which took place last week.....At least I think I forgot to write about it....(if I did, well I'll repeat it once again, sorry) On the way back to Kigali from the Kabuga work site there was a huge gathering of people last Thurs. We asked someone on the street through our interpreter what was happening. We heard that a man had dropped a pan lid in the latrine, gone in to get it and was unable to get out. Another went in to help him and both died. I was thinking about this event over the past two or so days. It's such a tragic thing and just opened my eyes even more to the hardships the people here face on a daily basis. We just don't grasp it fully and are HERE.

I guess I forgot to write about Sat. visit to the park at Kakugera (or something like that) A big boy, baboon managed to swoop into the driver's lap while some of us were getting out the opposite side of out van. Besides the driver, Mike and John were the closest to the action and you'll have to hear their version of the story as I know I will not be able to do it justice. No one was hurt but it made the hi-light list, along with the two giraffe. Seeing very unique animals was such a reminder of the creative God we serve.
It may be best to read the group blog as I'm a bit tired and just not sure I'm doing so well at blogging! We have only two more full days here and it just seems so short for all the things yet needed to get done.....I'll be going with Kristi, John too to the Kigali wedding shop for the first time tomorrow. The plan is to paint and hangt mirrors, etc. maybe.
Must go for now,
In His Love,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment