Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday evening

Well, we are back from visiting the Kabuga site(ERM's sewing center & woodworking shop). What a day! The welcome Kristi and I received was just so sweet! I'm crying thinking about it. The ladies' love and joy was just so moving. I wished I had brought more of their pictures that I look at on my computer back home.....why didn't I even think about that? The few pictures I had I gave to the person in the picture. Then we passed around other pictures of our families. They were very curious about the snow pictures.
Because of the delay in getting the bins we had a very late start. That's another story! But the bottom line is we got all of the sewing machines bins and wedding dresses for a price. They wanted$20 storage fee per bin! But that got all worked out for only $20 total after 4 hours of negotiations.
Kristi talked over the sewing business with the women and we found a great need for further instruction on the electric machines. This will be the priority for the next couple days.
Also the men marked out the building site for the wood working shop using string. The plan is to start excavation soon. We prayed that God would bless the humble beginnings to provide training for the many young orphaned men. What a beautiful day and setting it was to share with them, I felt so honored to be there to see it!
More to come tomorrow.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment